Ultimate Rice Krispy Treats
The secret behind the ultimate Rice Krispies recipe is, of course, the marshmallow fluff. It keeps the treats moist and, along with mini marshmallows, really amps up that toasty, buttery flavor that some treats lack. My recipe was also featured in an article by The Kitchn as the best rice krispy treat they've ever tired (just saying!). Read about it here
Non-stick cooking spray 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows 1 (16 ounce) container Marshmallow Fluff ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt 10 cups puffed rice cereal like Rice Krispies 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
1. Start by spraying a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the dish with overlapping pieces of wax paper to help prevent the treats from sticking.
2. In a large pot set over medium-low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows together. Be sure to stir constantly to avoid the mixture from burning.
3. Once marshmallows and butter are melted, add in fluff, vanilla and salt. Continue stirring until mixture is completely melted.
4.Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add puffed rice cereal and mini marshmallows, and fold to combine. This may take about 2 to 3 minutes to completely incorporate everything. If you have a large enough pot, you can combine the puffed rice and mini marshmallows in there, as long as you have enough room to fold everything together.
5. Immediately transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and firmly press into the edges of the dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit till treats have set fully, at least an hour but preferably overnight.
6. Cut into squares using a lightly greased knife or use your favorite cookie cutter! Garnish and embellish as desired.